A tattoo may be something you want as a means to express yourself or show the world what you are passionate about. You may see your body as a canvas waiting to be adorned but whatever your reason, we’ve scoured the web and put together the best coffee tattoos and ideas that we could find. So now you can get that coffee tattoo design you’ve been searching for and show it off with pride!
Tattoo Tips | Reminders
If you are considering getting your first tattoo, or maybe you just haven’t had one in a while, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Design – Tattooists are artists with a wealth of experience in design and have great ideas. If you are unsure of whether a design would look good, schedule a consultation with your artist, taking a reference photo with you. At a minimum, tell them what you would like the theme to be. They may just have a unique spin on what could be just an ordinary, everyday tattoo. They can also tell you if a design will still be relevant or popular in years to come versus a current trend.
- Tattoo Placement – Considering placement is probably as important as the tattoo design itself. Do you have a job that would require you to cover up your tattoo when at work? Certain areas on the body hurt more than others to get done. So, would you want a tattoo on your forearm where pain is more bearable or on your rib area where you may not be able to have the tattoo done all in one go? These are just a few questions to ask yourself before deciding on your final tattoo.
- Shower – On the top of most tattoo artists list is to shower or bath before getting your tattoo done. It doesn’t matter how you get clean but hey will be getting up close and personal and tattoos aren’t quick so ensure that you’re smelling as fresh as a daisy when getting your tattoo.
- Eat! – Make sure you’ve had something to eat before going in to get your tattoo done as they can take a while, obviously depending on how large or complicated your design is.
- Cover up in the sun – Skin after a new tattoo needs time to heal and this cannot happen if you get sunburnt on the area.
- Drink alcohol – Don’t drink alcohol the night before getting your tattoo. Alcohol thins the blood which means you bleed more. This does not only make it harder for the artist to ink your design but the tattoo may not end up as sharp and clear.
- Be embarrassed to tap out – If you are finding a tattoo too painful, please let your tattoo artist know. They would rather you tell them and reschedule than know that they are causing you unbearable pain.
- Take part in heavy sports – Falling over can cause damage to a new tattoo which may result in further, painful work to touch up. Also, heavy sweating can ruin the tattoo.
- Scratch – It may be hard but try not to scratch your new tattoo. They can get itchy but you risk opening the skin and it may not heal correctly thereby blurring tattoo lines.
- Submerge your new tattoo – Do not go swimming or soaking in a bath just after getting a tattoo. This can slow down the healing process.
33 Amazing Coffee Tattoo Designs and Ideas
1. Minimalist Coffee Tattoo
2. Line art style coffee cup tattoo
Another minimalist coffee tattoo but on a larger scale this time. Jota Burgos is the talented tattoo artist who designed this line art coffee tattoo. Created in one continuous line, it is a form of blackwork. For those of you who don’t know what blackwork is, it is when a tattoo is created using only black ink. They are striking and bold and use little to no shading. Check out Jota’s Instagram page for examples of super cool blackwork tattoos.
3. Coffee plant tattoo design
Here you can tell the world you love coffee but not by showing a cup of coffee. This coffee plant tattoo has been expertly done and was posted by Reddit user ‘u/iowbshxiekwnw’. You can see the original post here.
4. Tiny coffee bean tattoo
Who wouldn’t want a tiny coffee bean or two tattoo?! This realistic coffee bean tattoo, inked by @sukza__art, is so cute and small enough to give you a taste of what tattooing is like if it’s your first. Could this be the start of many more to come?
5. Roasted coffee bean tattoo design
This has to be one of my favorite coffee bean tattoo designs. @tattoist_blue_ has done an incredible job. So much so that you can almost smell the aroma of a freshly brewed cup of joe.
If you’re looking for something smaller, simply reduce the amount of beans. Either way, it’ll always be one cool coffee tattoo.
6. Colorful coffee berries and flower tattoo design
7. Coffee bean outline tattoo idea
8. Coffee cup tattoo design
9. Tulip latte art tattoo
10. Illustrated style coffee cup tattoo
11. Coffee cafetiere tattoo design
12. Minimalist wrist coffee tattoo design
13. Chemex coffee tattoo design
14. Small minimalist coffee tattoo design idea
15. Couples coffee cup tattoo
16. Death by coffee tattoo design
17. Coffee plant wrist tattoo idea
18. Coffee AM wine PM tattoo
19. Artistic coffee cup tattoo design
20. Illustrated cafetiere tattoo
21. Farming coffee & coffee plant sleeve tattoo
23. Cute small coffee tattoo idea
24. Artistic coffee cup tattoo idea
25. Matching minimalist coffee tattoo design
26. Chemex dotwork coffee tattoo
27. Traditional coffee cup tattoo design
28. Cool coffee artistic cafetiere tattoo idea
29. Colorful chemex tattoo idea
30. Death before decaf coffee tattoo
31. Artistically illustrated coffee cup and cafetiere tattoos
32. Illustrated blackwork french press coffee maker tattoo design
33. Couples matching coffee cafetiere tattoo designs
So there you have it … 33 amazing coffee tattoo designs and ideas! Hopefully you’ve found one you love. Let us know which one is your favourite in the comment section.
If you enjoyed this article, perhaps you might like to read some of our other articles: