Not everyone has the space for a stand-alone coffee station. So for those of you who have limited space, this article is for you! Here are just over 30 countertop coffee station ideas that will inspire you to create your own even with limited space.
What is a coffee station?
For those wondering what a coffee station is, it is one particular area that has been dedicated to making coffee. It can be as small as a corner space on a countertop or as large as a specific area complete with it’s own freestanding cupboard, cabinet or table.
What to put in a coffee station
Items you could think about including in your countertop coffee station could be:
- Containers or jars for coffee or sugar
- Coffee pod storage
- A stand to store containers and other coffee related items including cups, mugs, latte glasses, spoons.
- Add one or more decorative items such as a framed coffee artwork or sign to really make it the coffee station visually appealing.
- Decorative coffee syrup bottles.
- Add flowers or plants to add a little greenery.
- Use a tray to corral items that may otherwise look a tad messy or out of place.
Before setting up your countertop coffee station, think about:
- Elevated storage – Elevate cups, jars etc by placing shelving or rails above the countertop?
- Vertical storage – Mug trees or small countertop multi-tiered stands can help lift items up giving the illusion of more space.
- Using external cupboard sides/under-cupboard space – Can you use the side or underneath of kitchen cupboards to place storage such as these coffee capsule holders or a rail for hanging mugs?
- Place away from the stove top – If possible, set up your coffee station away from the stove where it is more likely to get splattered in oil when cooking.
- Plug points – If you are using an electric coffee maker then make sure have a plug point nearby. Of course, you won’t need to worry about this if you use a French Press or pour-over coffee maker.
Countertop Coffee Station Ideas
1. Chic and sleek
You don’t need a lot of accessories and coffee paraphernalia in order to create a home DIY coffee station. Homebykmb has created this functional setup with very few items that keep the counter top looking neat and tidy.
2. Cottage style countertop coffee station
3. Embrace your inner goth
4. Light 'n Lovely
janki.home has created a gorgeous coffee station using multiple shelves and a hanging rail to elevate items that would otherwise look cluttered on the counter top. Brighten up any space by adding plants, either real or fake. Now, have you noticed that shelves aren’t traditionally installed this way up? It makes sense though! Having them the usual way up would mean that there would have been a large gap between the tiles and where the first shelf. Pretty clever.
How gorgeous is the heart chopping board?!
5. Warm and cosy
6. Vintage theme
7. Cute and cosy
I would love to walk down to this cute coffee station every morning! I think it would cheer me right up, especially on a Monday. cute_little_things_nc has even used a small light above the station as a finishing touch to this very homely coffee station. Again, a hanging rail and shelves keep items off the countertop creating more space.
9. I heart coffee
10. Neutral coffee station
11. More than just a coffee station
12. Have space - will use it!
13. Coffee bar
14. Oh the tiles!
I love the colors used in this coffee station by pbandp. Chunky shelves provide loads more storage and the tray on the countertop corrals items together in one space to leave the countertop clutter-free.
15. Coffee and cookies
16. Original backdrop
This original coffee station by naniehome has been cleverly designed with a backdrop that provides a functional yet warm and cosy look. The wood and white drawers can keep smaller items out of sight yet still handy for when needed.
17. Basic-ally beautiful
19. Country style
20. Modern black and white
21. Coffee station vs Tea station
23. Country chic
24. Eclectic & colorful
25. Creating impact
26. Wood & grey
27. Traditional style countertop coffee station
28. Clever shelving
29. Modern DIY coffee station
30. Cups, cups and more cups!
31. No storage? Use shelves!
Maximise wall space above your coffee station by adding more shelving.
32. Coffee decor
So there you have it! 32 inspiring countertop coffee station designs and ideas! Which one is your favourite? Leave us your favourite in the comments.