Please note that some links may be affiliate links from which we may earn a commission. This is at no extra cost to you and keeps The Coffee Suite running. Thank you.
I’m sure almost everyone has heard of OxiClean but their Versatile stain remover is arguably the best dried coffee stain remover on the market. Not only does it clean dried coffee from carpets, clothing, upholstery but just about anything. Once you see the many ways to use this product, you will be actively looking for items to clean!
I keep a box handy for not only coffee stains but for cleaning my cat’s litter tray and bedding as it’s a sanitizer too. If, like me, you’ve given peroxide and other home DIY methods a go and they haven’t worked, please don’t give up and try it. You won’t be disappointed.
How to remove dried coffee stains from:
Carpets and upholstery
For spot cleaning mix 1 tablespoon OxiClean with 1 cup of warm water. Use a toothbrush or similar to distribute the mixture and work it into fibres of the carpet or upholstery.
After cleaning, dab with some paper towel and then go over the area with clean water, dabbing once again till the area is as dry as possible.
To soak clothing before adding to the washing machine simply add 1 scoop of OxiClean Versatile to 1 gallon of water. Or use more water and stain remover at a 1:1 ratio.
Dissolve the mixture before adding clothing and soak for 6 hours, if possible. You can now put the items in your washer and wash as usual.
Great reasons to get OxiClean Versatile
Best dried coffee stain remover
As I mentioned above, OxiClean does not only clean carpets and clothing. Here is a list of examples of what you can use this amazing stain remover on:
- Pet bedding, carriers, collars, jerseys
- Pet mess (urine, faeces, vomit)
- Cooker filters
- Oven racks
- Compost bins
- Carpets and rugs
- Lamp shades
- Car fabric/upholstery
- Cloth diapers
- Shoes and trainers
- Bathroom tiles and grout
- Shower curtains
- Bags, lunch bags and backpacks
- Floor tiles
- Plastic toys
- Outdoor areas such as patios, brickwork, decks
- Bicycles, scooters
Not only is this the best dried coffee remover but it also works on wine, food, juice, pet, grease, oil, dirt, soil, vomit, pet and human mess, mould … and just about anything else you can think of, including blood.
Is OxiClean Versatile Safe?
Chlorine free and color safe, OxiClean contains sodium percarbonate which, when mixed with water, results in hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide is non-toxic and can safely break down in the environment.
Can I mix OxiClean with vinegar
Yes you can mix OxiClean with vinegar but do so with caution. Hydrogen peroxide is formed when the stain remover is mixed with water. As such, if OxiClean and vinegar are combined in the same container, it forms periacetic acid. Periacetic acid is known to cause irritation to the eyes, skin and respiratory system. Not good news especially for asthma sufferers and those with skin conditions such as eczema.
How to mix OxiClean with vinegar
To use OxiClean as a dried coffee stain remover with a washer, mix one scoop of OxiClean to the drum and one cup of vinegar to the fabric softener section of your washer drawer. Wash as normal.
According to Hunker.com, if spot cleaning, use one scoop of OxiClean together with vinegar until you have formed a paste. This can be used on dried coffee stains on upholstery and carpets.
- Use warm water to help the OxiClean granules dissolve more efficiently.
- Ensure the surface you are cleaning is sufficiently damp before adding the mixture.
- Don’t let the mixture dry out by ensuring to add enough water to keep it damp.
- As with any detergents, always test OxiClean on an inconspicuous area first and check below which products not to use the cleaner on.
- Should never be mixed with chlorine bleach or other chemicals.
- Never store OxiClean stain remover in a sealed container due to a build up of oxygen.
- Although using warm water does help dissolve the stain removing granules, never use boiling water.
- Be careful when mixing with vinegar due to the potential of it forming periacetic acid.
- OxiClean Versatile should not be used on woollen products, silk or silk blends, dry clean only fabrics and leather.